The role of Supply Chain Director is to drive CMD’s strategic vision, lead all critical aspects of Supply Chain Management and provide customer-focused leadership over demand and supply planning, inventory management, purchasing, while also building more collaborative and focused relationships with other contract manufacturers, suppliers and 3rd party vendors. As the department leader, this person will champion the implementation of a MRP/ERP system. Key to success is effective cross-functional partnership and communications with all the other departments to develop, manage, and utilize relevant and actionable data, suppliers, people, systems, and processes and to improve KPI reporting that drives effective decision making and more accurate forecasting.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Develop and lead a highly data-driven, integrated business Sales & Operations Planning process, including demand and supply planning, tactical purchasing and supplier management, warehouse & Distribution.
- Develop and implement global sourcing agreements based on supplier quality agreements.
- Foster mutually beneficial relationships with key suppliers and service providers through an active Supplier Relationship Management program that continuously evaluates performance and identifies opportunities for improvement, ensures sufficient and reliable production and processing capacity to support above market growth rates, and consolidates the supplier base, where appropriate, to achieve economies of scale
- Enhance and execute the supplier scorecard and development of the supplier portal.
- Develop and report actionable KPIs and metrics, including forecast accuracy, forecasted order fill rates, stockout reporting, inventory budget to actual, set utilization, supplier performance and other relevant data to identify performance improvement opportunities
- Perform on-site supplier visits and evaluations.
- Support timely product launches by driving supplier evaluation and selection decisions, ensuring adequate upstream planning and procurement of components and other materials required to meet launch/distribution plans, and managing suppliers to accurate and timely delivery for those components
- Implement solutions to lower the total cost of ownership for inventory and warehousing
- Identify and mitigate supply chain risk through appropriate operating and strategic planning activities
- Prepare and present Executive S&OP, Strategic and Operating Plans and other relevant presentations to the Senior Leadership Team as requested.
Experience & education requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics or logistics.
- Min .10 years of experience in medical device manufacturing & distribution (FDA, quality and regulatory preferred).
- Ability to assess supplier’s capability in terms of capacity, technical capability, and financial solvency/strength and/or develop those capabilities within their team
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems implementation
- Strategic global sourcing experience is preferred
- Lean Six sigma training or certification is preferred.
- Industry related Supply Chain Certification or Integrated Business Planning is preferred
- Must have excellent communication skills to work with all levels in the organization
Medical, Dental, 401K, and Short-term Disability