Under little supervision perform product or raw material inspection using inspection tools and methodologies. May initiate nonconforming material reports when nonconforming product or material is found. May perform packaging, labeling and shipping of finished product or raw material. May apply accept or reject labels on product or raw material.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Perform product or raw material inspection using microscope, pin gage, caliper, ruler, laser micrometer, and other tools or methods.
- Review shop floor documentation (travelers) to ensure good documentation practices are performed by operator/technician.
- Initiate nonconforming material reports for product or raw material found to be out of specification.
- Ensure product or raw material are properly segregated from bad product or raw material.
- Work with production supervisor, technician, and operator to communicate the importance of quality and following procedures.
- Support good manufacturing practices and good documentation practices throughout all phases of production areas.
- Responsible for assuring inventory and storage is cleaned, sorted, organized and maintained.
- May provide recommendation or suggestion on continuous improvement.
- Act as eyes and ears of the Quality Assurance department to promote and communicate GMP and GDP.
- Additional responsibilities as determined by the department manager.
Experience & education requirements:
- High school diploma or GED or related work experience and/or training.
- Must exhibit a willingness to work on teams and promote teamwork among other employees.
- Excellent eyes for spotting product or material nonconformity.
- Highly focused and detailed oriented.
- 0-3 years of medical device experience.
- At least 6 months in a quality role preferred.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to work with a microscope, rulers, micrometer and sit for an extended period of time.