This position is responsible for overseeing and managing the overall accounting functions of the company including timely and accurate financial statements, internal controls, cash management, and adherence to policies and procedures. The Controller is a key member of the leadership team and must be an experienced practitioner, enjoy working in a fast-paced flexible environment both as an individual and in a team.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare financial statements and analysis required by the business or regulatory agencies.
- Manage the General Ledger, including month end close process, journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Maintain current knowledge of CMD policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards
- Supervise the accounts payable and receivable functions adhering to the CMD’s policies
- Lead the cash and debt management administration including analysis of debt covenants, cash application and disbursement processes
- Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance and nonorganizational accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities
- Collaborate closely with executives for the development of budgets and forecasts
- Work with CFO to implement, maintain and improve internal controls, procedures, financial analysis reports and KPIs to support the strategic goals
- Prepare supporting schedules and documents required for the annual financial statement audit
- Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives (i.e. inventory management optimization)
- As a core team member for the upcoming ERP implementation, be the subject matter expert on the financial accounting configurations and reporting
- Assist Human Resources with payroll processing and benefits administration, as needed.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Proficiency with Accounting and ERP software, Microsoft Dynamics Business Central and/or Quickbooks preferred.
- Experience with system and process implementations, including in the context of M&A is highly desirable.
- Accounting experience with manufacturing or medical device company is strongly preferred
- Good judgement and decision-making abilities, considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions
- Strong time management skills, including the time of others
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and lead team members to achieve a goal/project plan
- Complex problem-solving skills, identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, with 4-6 years of relevant experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- Substantive knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, and reporting of financial data is required.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Holidays